Saturday, May 27, 2006

Scant time

I did have school this week. We made brioche dough and yummy sticky buns and Norwegian coffee cake. It wasn't as hard as last week. In fact it was fun. We put cherries that had been plumped in wine in our sticky buns (the we being my partner Valarie and I, Valarie is who I partnered with the first week and hope to partner with every week. A vast improvement over last week's partner who couldn't tell the difference between a tsp. and a tbsp. ACK!!!). We put a cinnamon and brown sugar walnut mixture with a touch of Amaretto in our sticky buns too. YUMMY!!!
I had a guest all week so I'm behind on my culinary school log. I will try to catch up this week because we have no school due to the holiday.
I hope to make brioche dough and sticky buns at home. I was trolling on Ebay for a Kitchen Aid but realized after shipping it's not so much cheaper - meanwhile, I looked and I do have a dough blade on my Cuisineart so I emailed Suzanne and she explained me how to use it.
When I get back from Spoleto I'm going to take a stab at yummy sticky buns!
And possibly the coffee cake too! There's a specific art to rolling out the dough and I need to practice while it's fresh in my mind, which unfortunately will not be too much longer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ida One said...

Are you a cooking school drop-out?

The public needs to know about your dough.

Where are you?

BTW: I've becoming your agent as I have answered 5,003 questions in the wake of your appearance on the blog and in the Scene.

Saw your mom lunching at SNOB last week, but she disappeared before I could wander over to say hello. Please tell her I said she looked Spoleto-errific!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home